Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Of Mailboxes And Menus


The other night I tweeted that I had cut down my inbox to a mere 14 emails AND planned a menu for the week. What a great feeling that is! I'm happy to report that, while my inbox didn't stay at 14, I've managed to keep it below 25, which is always my goal. I know this will not stay that way, but for now it perpetuates the illusion of control that I love so much.

The other thing that makes me feel in control is having my menu planned for the week. And so, while it's a little late, I thought I'd share what we're having this week at the Whalens, with links to many of the recipes in case you'd like to plan a menu of your own. I used my Pinterest "Food Faves" board this time for my planning and it was a fast process! Plus it's nice to finally make some of the many delicious looking recipes I've pinned.

Here they are, in no certain order:

Teriyaki Chicken over Rice, Roasted Broccoli

Chicken and Gravy over egg noodles, black eyed peas

Pork Chops, Stuffing, Lima Beans

Pot Roast, Carrots and Onions, Mashed Potatoes

Crockpot Beef Fajitas

Pork Roast, Green Beans, Roasted Potatoes

Chicken Drumsticks, Corn, Rice Pilaf

Breakfast for dinner: scrambled eggs, grits, bacon, easy apple dumplings

And don't forget dessert! I love bars so I got the ingredients to make these:

Deep Dish Oatmeal Chocolate Cookie Bars

No Bake Reese's Bars

Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodle Brownies

Pin It!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Great work! And you are making me hungry... :)

Pam said...

As usual for the recipes you post - YUMMY!!!

Carol Baldwin said...

I agree. Menus and deleting emails. Fits our need to be organized!