Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The One Where I Give You A Week's Worth Of Meal Links


I am a big believer in making a menu plan, making a grocery list, getting all the shopping done, and then just knowing what your meals are going to be for the week. The whole "think once and write it down" thing really works in this case. I think once and then I don't have to think about what's for dinner again for the rest of the week! Voila! (Does anyone else get a kick out of when people put "Viola" instead of "Voila"? Anyone? Ok, it's just me...)

Back to the meals. I've been looking at making these meals this week so I thought I'd share them with you, in case you wanted to print them out, or write them down if you're a printer ink cheapskate like me, or just bookmark them on your fancy pants ipad or whatever way would serve you best. The point is to scan through the list of ingredients, write down what you need, then go to the grocery store and buy whatever it is. Once all the groceries are in the house and the meals are all listed, all you have left to do is cook it. (And these recipes are easy so the "just cook it" part should not cause your heart to palpitate.) Your work is nearly done! It really is a good feeling. That organized-perfect-for-just-a-moment-this-house-really-is-my-domain feeling.

Savor it. Because it lasts all of 2.5 seconds.

Ok, so here's the links to five meals. That's a whole week of hot and hearty meals that your family can gather around the table and eat together, just like in the commercials on tv.

Pizza Casserole

Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken

Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli Soup (Scroll down to get to the soup recipe. This post also features their salad and breadstick recipes if you are feeling especially ambitious. I almost never am.)

Crock Pot Chicken And Dumplings (Already made this. The reviews were mixed. The ones who loved it, LOVED it. The ones who didn't... aren't fans of dumplings.)

Baked Fried Chicken Breasts (Already made this. My family raved. Raved, I tell you.)


Are you inspired to make a menu plan? I hope so! Let me know how it turns out!
Pin It!

2 comments:

amy said...

I use thinly sliced flour tortillas in my chicken in.dumplings and the family likes that better than biscuits ...and we make it about every other week!

Pam said...

You have fed my family with your recipes more than once, Marybeth! I'm going to try the Baked Fried Chicken tonight for dinner! Thanks for the recipe!