Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The One Where I Give You Recipes To Make Desserts You Shouldn't Eat


I love to make desserts for my family-- and they love it when I do. Yes, it is a test of my willpower. But then I remember those nights when we would finish dinner and my mom would reveal that there was dessert. No more magical words have ever been spoken. "I love you" are three powerful words to a child, but "there is dessert" are a close, close second.

So I try to make dessert at least once a week. And I thought you all might want to see the ones I've flagged as "to be tried." Soon.

Butterfinger Blondies (These not only involve Butterfingers, they also involve an amazing substance called "Butterfinger Buttercream." Oh, the deliciousness!)

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sugar Cookie Bars (These are wonderful because they include the icing that goes on top of a sugar cookie, yet don't involve the standing and cutting out cookies process that makes one crazy.)
Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for introducing me to the sisters website! I am drooling over those Butterfinger bars!!! I only make dessert on Sunday so you know what I am making.

Here is my favorite line.....


No more magical words have ever been spoken. "I love you" are three powerful words to a child, but "there is dessert" are a close, close second.

Thanks for sharing....

Denise