Pages

Monday, February 09, 2009

Daybook Entry


Outside My Window ... a beautiful, taste-of-spring day

I am listening to... My children hollering "Ahoy Matees" at each other. Not sure what that's about. Apparently, it's hysterically funny.

To Breathe Deeply... regular time on the treadmill is a wonderful habit.

I am thankful for ... children who are healthy enough to run and laugh and play, no matter how loud they are when they do it.

From the kitchen ... baked chicken drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with Mediterranean sea salt mixture, served over lettuce with cut up strawberries and a balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing-- yum!

I am wearing ... a turquoise blue polo shirt and jeans

I am creating ... writing projects as always-- P31 devos to write, an article I am mulling over for Money Matters, and my column for Christian Women Online, and of course that novel I have been picking up and putting down since July.

On my iPod... Peter Gabriel's Love To Be Loved-- can't get enough of that one right now.

Towards a real education ... The Aesop For Children, my childhood edition of Kenneth Taylor's Stories For The Children's Hour (I still remember my mom reading that to me!), Poems To Read To The Very Young.

Bringing beauty to my home ... a clean master bath would be nice, and fresh clean sheets on our bed... must get to work this afternoon!

I am reading ... almost finished with Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult... it's not one of my favorites by her, but I am determined to find out what happens! I am also reading through My Utmost For His Highest each morning... I already abandoned my plans to read through different books in lieu of a devotional. I have found I really like reading some sort of daily devotional-- that paired with my Community Bible Study homework is just the right amount of quiet time each morning!

I am hoping ...that the doctor can pull a splinter from under my son's fingernail without too much pain or blood when we head there for an unexpected visit this afternoon.

Around the house ... always striving for order, yet never quite achieving it-- and learning to be okay with that.

One of my favorite things ... being totally, utterly alone, which my husband has promised to give me this evening when he takes the crew to Chick fil a for "kids eat free" night. Yahoo!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: We have a busy week! Lots of late afternoon appointments this week-- the orthodontist for one, the pediatrician for one, the physical therapist for one, the naturopath for me. A field trip to The Children's World Museum with our church homeschool group, and a Valentine's Day celebration at Monkey Joe's on Friday with our church homeschool group as well. Community Bible Study, too. And this weekend Curt and I are headed to the Love and Respect conference at Calvary Church. We are looking forward to that.. a perfect way to celebrate Valentine's Day!
Pin It!

5 comments:

JottinMama said...

May you be blessed as you go through the rest of your busy week, Marybeth!

- Kate :)

Jodi aka One Blessed Mama said...

Your positive attitude always makes me smile. Have a great day!

Sheena said...

That is really a nice way of putting everything into perspective.I might use that idea for myself too...would you mind.I am reading the Love and respect book currently.If there are any thing that really blessed you during the conference, i would love to know.

Sweet Blessings
Sheena Jeremiah
Malaysia

Julie Zine Coleman said...

You make me smile with your positive outlook. And inspire me to make a list of my own. I need to take more time to stop and smell the roses.

DOakley said...

Thank you for sharing this, Marybeth. We haven't had a quiet house around here, either. You've made me thankful for the healthiness behind that noise.