Pages

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Bootiful Craftses








As I may have mentioned here before, I am not the craftiest person. But I do like doing crafts with my kids because a) it's creative and b) they love to do them.
So the other day when I found a Klutz pipe cleaner craft kit at the used homeschool store for $4, I knew we had to give this craft a try! As you can see from the photos, they loved making the different critters, and were soon making whole families of critters and playing elaborate games with them. That was time (and a little bit of money) well spent!

The best moment of all was when I was talking about our day with my three year old. I asked her what was something fun she did that day and she replied with intensity, "When we made craftses. And mommy, they were bootiful."

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Pin It!

5 comments:

sweettea said...

I'm always surprised at what my kids take off with. It's never what I think it will be. My girls currently have developed this elaborate story with their American Girl dolls. They have blogs set up about them. They have a "doll condo" (toy cabinet) set up for them - complete with decorations (gift wrap) and furniture (some doll items, some kleenex boxes and the like). They even e-mail each other, telling of their travels. When they travel, they go to different rooms of the house. I think one has gone to Paris. And they go EVERYWHERE the girls go! We're constantly saying, "No dolls in the store/church, etc.".

Sandra in Phx said...

It looks like they had a lot of fun! Guess I am going to have to actually schedule a craft time in our week.

Julie Zine Coleman said...

With those butterflies, you could make a spiritual application as well. God is in the process of changing us-- Romans 12:1, 2 uses the word we get the word metamorphosis from-- as we renew our minds. I have a blog article posted on this very thing this morning. Click on over and give it a read!

Jodi aka One Blessed Mama said...

Those are adorable! You are such a patient mom Marybeth. I need to stop and remember that little crafts like those mean so much to my kids and it's not just a mess on the floor but memories in the making. Thanks for sharing!

Laurie Ann said...

That's precious! I'm glad you had a fun day making crafts with the kids.